Monday, June 15, 2009

Updating Your Homeowner's Insurance

I don't know what is in the air but a couple of my friends had their places burn down in a house fire. First off if you rent buy renter's insurance. If my friend did then they would not have lost not only thier personal items but a homebased soap business. Renter's insurance is only about $25-$35 a month. With State Farm my insurance person Sue Ann Lu stated that she could have written them a check right there on the spot to help buy clothes or find a place to live. There is a bunch of us that are doing a fundraiser to help my friend and his family. If you are interested in donating or coming to the even on Thursday, June 25th in Kailua, HI let me know. Email me at YourRealtor@AudreyHutton.com.

Now for the other story on a house fire. This was on the mainland. My friends were remodeling and were almost done when the house caught fire and the whole thing burned down. Luckily they were always talking to their insurance agent on the progress of the remodel and the insurance agent would come by for updates and new pictures. They are one of the lucky ones to be smart enough to do this. So when you are updating any part of your home make sure your insurance agent knows. Keep them informed. Otherwise you would have put all this money into the home but the insurance company can only pay out what you have insured. If orignal and not remodeled then they only pay out for orignal house.

No comments:

Post a Comment